Joel Loblaw Inc. is a family operated, small business, residential landscape design and build firm. We have successfully been in the GTA area for over ten years.
We are looking for a part-time Accountant/Bookkeeper to join our team in downtown Toronto (Corktown).
Salary commensurate with experience and abilities.
- Data input of client invoices, deposits, supplier invoices, payments, etc. including reconciliation of contract/estimate vs invoice
- Accounts receivable & Accounts payable functions
- Cashflow management, General ledger reconciliations of bank accounts and credit cards
- Payroll processing with Payworks, administration, and reconciliation of payroll & benefits, other HR requirements
- Preparing and remitting HST, reconcile source deductions, WSIB, and corporate tax
- Preparing reports for management, including WIP, Budgets/Forecasts, Job Profitability, etc.
- Participate in maintaining Bank Relations & Insurance Renewal requirements
- Review Financial Statements; accuracy, margins, profitability, GL account reconciliations
- Coordinating with and assisting external accountants
Required experience & skills
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Accounting Package, Excel and MS Word
- Experience with Full Accounting Cycle, A/P, A/R, Bank & G/L reconciliation, Payroll, Benefits and Government remittances
- Strong English written and oral communication and people skills
- Very good analytical and critical thinking skills, accuracy, and diligence
Preferred experience & skills
- Bookkeeping / Accounting experience: 5 years or more
- College Diploma or University Degree, CPA or completing CPA Designation
- Experience with Accounting software
To inquire about a possible position, please email us at [email protected]
See recently filled positions here.